KwaZulu

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Inertia

in·er·tia (ĭ-nûr'shuh) n.

  1. Physics. The tendency of a body to resist acceleration; the tendency of a body at rest to remain at rest or of a body in straight line motion to stay in motion in a straight line unless acted on by an outside force.
  2. Resistance or disinclination to motion, action, or change: the inertia of an entrenched bureaucracy.
  3. Reserving space on blogger, and not putting a single post online for months.

Inertia is something I have fallen victim to on more than one occasion. I've not spent enough time with my guitar, there are too many interesting books lying untouched on my shelf, I still can't cook to save my life and I've always wanted to maintain a blog. I've been following my friend's weblogs over the past couple of months and it's been great to see all the activity there. Now would be a good time to get inspired.

I must comment that I've been wondering for a few days about the contents of this entry. It is my first post after all. Makes me feel a little nervous... and naked too. It is after all, a doorway to my brain open to psychoanalysis from all the weirdos that roam the world wide web.

I've read first posts that talk about rebirth... about leaving the past behind... about this being a new beginning... and all the other cliches associated with a new blog. I find them a little amusing. It's probably cathartic to pen those thoughts down, but I think it's also a little delusional if people think they can escape who they really are, overnight.

Which brings me to the single obvious conclusion. That I am and I will be an incorrigible lazy fart.

Hmm.

That's not very encouraging.

Slightly depressing, even.

...

But, at least this is some beginning.

The fact that you're reading this implies that the damage is already done, and I no longer have to spend time on my first post. And now that the ball is rolling, maybe I can get inertia to work for me for a change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home